Keep Your Home Safe While On Vacation
Keep your home safe while you’re on vacation with these tips.
Vacation season is here. With beautiful weather and time off from school, it’s the perfect time to take a vacation. As you’re packing your bags and putting the finishing touches on your getaway, don’t forget to take precautions to secure your home. Your home is at a greater risk for burglaries when you’re out of town. Protect your home while you’re away with these home safety tips.
- Turn the lights on. A well-lit home tells burglars that someone is home. Set your lights on a timer so that they’ll go on and off, even when you’re not home.
- Make friends with the neighbors. It’s good to have neighbors that you can count on when you’re away. From keeping an eye on your home to picking up your mail, ask your neighbors to help you out while you’re away.
- Be wary of your newspapers and mail. A driveway full of papers and a mailbox full of letters, are tell-tale signs that you’re out of town. Have your mail taken care of while you’re away to reduce your chances of a burglary.
- Avoid posting on social media. Posting your travel plans on social media can alert burglars that your home is empty. Hold off on posting on social media until you return from your trip.
- Double check that all the doors are locked. It may seem like common sense to lock up, but with all the stress of preparing for a trip, it can be overlooked. Walk through your home before you leave so that you know that everything is ready to go.
When it comes to keeping your home safe while you’re on vacation, take precautions to protect your home and invest in homeowners insurance. Contact the insurance professionals at Moser Group Inc. Located in New York, our experienced, knowledgeable staff help you meet all your personal and commercial insurance needs.